Mediator | Arbitrator
Texas Justice Center
4900 Fournace Place, Suite 200
Bellaire, Texas 77401
- Mayor, City of Galveston, Texas 2010-2012
- Mayor Pro-Tem, City of Galveston, Texas 2004-2006
- Council Member, District 3, City of Galveston, Texas 2000-2006
- Attorney/Mediator /Guardian Ad Litem/Special Master – Jaworski Law Firm 2007-present
Mediated 5,5000+ claims ranging in value up to $50,000,000. Substantive focus on Maritime (Jones Act
and Longshore), Defense Base Act, personal injury and windstorm/first party insurance (bad faith,
prompt pay) claims. Guardian Ad Litem in United States District Courts and Harris County and
Galveston County State Courts. Special Master for GSK Global Settlement (Paxil). Fluent in Spanish.
- Attorney – Buzbee Law Firm 2002-2007
Litigated Jones Act, Maritime personal injury and death, 905a, 905b and non-injury Maritime docket in
federal and state courts. Responsible for matters from client intake through case filing, pre-trial litigation,
trial and appeal.
- Attorney & Partner – Simpson, Beeton, Finegan & Jaworski, L.L.P. 1998-2002
Litigated work place injury and personal injury matters in state and federal courts.Responsible
for matters from client intake through case filing, pre-trial litigation, trial and appeal.
- Attorney – Griggs & Harrison, P.C. 1992-1998
Litigated Maritime property and personal injury matters in state and federal courts. Primary emphasis
on Jones Act, 905b, Rule C Arrest, Rule B Attachment and Rule F Limitation of Liability matters.
- Law Clerk – Honorable John R. Brown 1991-1992
Law Clerk for United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit Senior Judge Hon. John R. Brown.
Drafted published and non-published opinions, attended oral arguments, prepared pre- and post- argument memoranda and researched law.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D. 1991
- Davidson College, B.A., Spanish Literature 1984
Memberships, Affiliations & Licenses
- Texas Mediator Credentialing Association (TMCA) Credentialed Mediator
- A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center 40 Hour Mediation Training 2008
- Admitted to the Texas Bar 1991
- Admitted to practice in U.S.D.C. Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas and in the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth & Eighth Circuits
- Texas Department of Insurance approved Mediator
Local Areas Served
- Houston, TX